Thursday, July 13, 2006

Freedom Tower Back to Being a Big Box

We all knew it was coming sooner or later, I mean, hey come on, even Penn and Teller got into the act with their show Bullshit on Showtime about the failures of the WTC Memorial construction. But now it's official, The Freedom Tower is a skyscaper just like any other in the land. No big surprise here, of course they state security reasons, and the dictates of the marketplace as just a few of the justifications.It's not that I don't like big bastions of commerce rising into the sky, I do, I like them very much. I live in Manhattan don't I? It's just that there was so much press, competitions, and hub-bub about the design and scope of the building that it tended to raise everyone's expectations very high. I was thinking along the liines of THE GLORIOUS TOWER IN THE SKY. But it's not a total loss, they are going to give us a lightshow.

No comments: